Well in Blog searching (as I am sure we all do) I ran across an idea of Painting your cushions! I couldn't believe my eyes as I read the post of some lady who painted her cushions a fun Cranberry Red! Now I am not that bold to pick a color that red. However I do like the fun colors of Summer! I loved this creamy yellow and the fun green.
How did I do it you ask? There is this Fabric Paint additive called Textile Medium. I found it at Joann Fabric for $1.50 a bottle. I had to buy 8 bottles for the full project. Anyway mix your color paint it took about a quart of paint for all 4 big cushions and 4 footstool cushions. Water down the paint and add the Medium. Wash all the cushions with water before you start. I found it was better to paint while the cushions were still damp! It took about 4 coats of paint. Patience was the key and time. It took about 8 hours for the entire project. ( I did in over 3 days) Also it was great with the weather being over 95degrees. I would paint the cushion and then set in the sun for a fast very heated dry.
Sorry long story short I am very pleased with the way they turned out and had to share.
New patio furniture $400.00 Or New Cushions $200.00 Or just paint and a little time $12.00 plus a couple cheap brushes! (I used paint I had already)

How did I do it you ask? There is this Fabric Paint additive called Textile Medium. I found it at Joann Fabric for $1.50 a bottle. I had to buy 8 bottles for the full project. Anyway mix your color paint it took about a quart of paint for all 4 big cushions and 4 footstool cushions. Water down the paint and add the Medium. Wash all the cushions with water before you start. I found it was better to paint while the cushions were still damp! It took about 4 coats of paint. Patience was the key and time. It took about 8 hours for the entire project. ( I did in over 3 days) Also it was great with the weather being over 95degrees. I would paint the cushion and then set in the sun for a fast very heated dry.
Sorry long story short I am very pleased with the way they turned out and had to share.
New patio furniture $400.00 Or New Cushions $200.00 Or just paint and a little time $12.00 plus a couple cheap brushes! (I used paint I had already)

No comments:
Post a Comment