There are no pictures here but stories need to be told!
Friday the 13th of July. Gracie ran away and usually she runs away but today she was gone for a very long time. From about 10 am to 7 pm. I had looked all over for her in her usual places and still no luck! Tom got home and looked in the usual places and didn't find her. I had called the animal shelter and they did not find her. Where could she be? Well she hadn't gone far before someone picked her up and read her tags. (our old address) So that man took her to the old address where the kid who lives there now said that she wasn't theirs. Then he told them that down the block there was a man who had a dog like her. So the man went 2 blocks and found a house with a Weimer in the kennel. He thought she was theirs and so he put her in the kennel. With another female weimer who picked on Gracie most of the day until Tom found her there and brought her home! Poor old dog!
Saturday the 14th. Tom had been busy most of the day with random things and sat down about 10 in the evening. When I said to him where's the dog? He said outside the garage was still open. I then asked if he could smell the skunk? He said Yes and headed to the Garage where we found Gracie looking pretty guilty and pretty smelly! 10 years old and she got her first skunk. I say first because I never know what that dog might do! So at 11:30 at night Tom and I are out giving the dog a bath trying not to get the smell all over us! Silly and Stupid dog!
Monday the 16th of July I had asked Tom to move the trailer and guess what he found not far from the door of our trailer? Yep the Skunk! Not that I even need to say it but all parties involved lost here. Gracie because she still stinks, Us because we had to live with the smell, and yes the Skunk!
Wednesday the 18th of July. No skunks in this story but spray was involved. While at Stacey's with the kids her and I were looking at the flooring in her bedroom closet (hardwood) to see if it would be worth taking out the carpet. I hear a spray from behind and then Tucker screaming in pain. He had been in the room with us and had gotten Stacey's pepper spray and sprayed himself in the face with it! He screamed and screamed I was quick to get cold water on a towel and start flushing his eyes, but after 20 minutes of doing this he was still screaming in pain. Well after a call to the ER and a call to the Police to see what is best to do. Flushing his eyes out with water was best. I put him in the shower and it was one of his longest showers! I even let him drink a pop while in the shower. I am not happy that this happened to Tucker took up most of the afternoon. I am happy that if someone every tries to break into Stacey's house and gets the pepper spray on purpose she will have plenty of time to run away!. All is well Tucker went swimming later that night and had a great time! Just goes to show you.... You can never watch kids close enough but keep trying!
That is quite the adventure! Poor Tucker:(
ReplyDelete