The kids practiced singing for the Primary Program this past Sunday at Maple Springs. Where there are a whole lot of really nice Old people! That said the Primary Pres reminded the kids to not touch the service dog while they walked into the Chapel. They sang so great I do believe they are ready for the real program next Sunday. When we were leaving T.J. asked me "Why do the old people need a circus dog?" I cracked up he had mistaken the word circus for service. I guess a bunch of old people with a Circus dog would be a sight to see.
Tom is out of town and I managed all 4 kids through Sacrament meeting. Not once did I have to leave the room. That is quite a feat! Jack did leave our bench to visit the Baugh family but came quickly back when the treats were gone.
I wandered the halls most of Sunday School following Jack not wanting to fight him in a full room of adults. I did make it to Relief Society and let him go. He crawled from chair to chair. He wandered from purse to purse to see what good he could find. Anything from little bottles of lotion to stickers to gum. I figured if the ladies weren't OK with him looking through all there stuff they would move their purse right? I figured as long as he was happy and quiet I could sit and enjoy most of the lesson.
Following the lesson I thanked the teacher for her great heart-felt lesson and apologized for my child wandering around the room. She said she didn't notice him. ( I beg to differ) on my way out the door the R.S. Pres. stopped me and thanked me for coming even though it's hard with a busy little boy. I know every mother has been in my shoes before with a child that won't sit or stay by me. I really hope that I am not the distraction in R.S. every week. It's sad that really I only have a couple of months left with Jack in class. He will soon turn 18 months and go on without his mother to nursery. He is the only one that I have taken to R.S. with me. I have always had a calling during that hour and took my babies with. As hard as it is with him in Church it's bittersweet that soon I will be longing for the distraction of my baby digging in everyone else's purse.
As I was driving today the guy on the radio was talking about the Magic Disney on Ice in SLC. but instead of Magic he said Maggot. Yes the Maggot Disney on Ice. Yep I laughed out loud on that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment