10/25/10

October Boys Hike!!!

After carpool on Friday we went up the mountain to see the sights of fall.
Knowing the forecast said rain and snow as well as the deer hunt the next morning.
 I knew it might be our only chance to go so we went! I forget how much I love the outdoors.
I love to hike and wander in the woods. It's always so peaceful.
                                                   (Noah, Sawyer, Tucker, and T.J.)
The boys started off on the first trail they could find. T.J. in the lead when not from in front of him a pheasant jumped up and flew off. It was so funny T.J. about "jumped out of his pants" as Noah explained it. Not 10 more steps and another pheasant surprised the boys. I love listening to them talk about the outdoors. The tracks they found and the animal droppings they were sure were from an enormous Elk! They talked so "matter of factly" that I just laughed inside. I didn't say a word I just let them explore.
Here they came upon some "old shooting grounds" Sawyer said. Here they found many many different shells from guns. I don't know what was what but Noah sure did. I had no idea that there was such thing as a 410 shotgun. Hmmmm the things you learn from boys. It was a wonderful afternoon I think next year we will try and do it in the spring and summer and fall. It was the cheapest activity and so fun for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment